The Trojans will be happy to have back both specialists healthy going into Friday’s game. Kicker Chase McGrath was able to practice this week after sustaining a groin injury earlier in the season. Punter Reid Budrovich will also be playing in Friday’s game after sustaining an AC shoulder sprain against UCLA.
Coach Helton also mentioned that running back Stephen Carr will receive more reps come game-time, after sustaining a foot injury a few weeks ago. Carr’s best game came the last time these teams met where he rushed for 100 yards.
Defensive lineman Christian Rector is listed as probable for Friday’s game. He is expected to wear a soft cast to help protect his surgical incision. Finally the Trojans will be without linebacker Porter Gustin who will miss another week due to his foot injury.
Most notably for Stanford, running back Bryce Love still has a nagging ankle injury, but remains active for the game on Friday. Love has missed some action due to injury in past weeks, but the Heisman hopeful looks to add another impressive outing to his resume. Linebacker Joey Alfieri’s status is undisclosed after sustaining a shoulder injury.
Full injury Report for both teams below:
Stanford Injury Report:
- Out for season: CB Alijah Holder (Knee), LB Sean Barton (Knee)
- Out for game: DE Eric Cotton (Foot), CB Terrance Alexander (Forearm)
- Questionable: LB Joey Alfieri (Shoulder), T Walker Little
- Probable: RB Bryce Love (Ankle)
USC Injury Report:
- Out for season: K Michael Brown (knee), CB Greg Johnson (shoulder), LB Tayler Katoa (knee), CB Jonathan Lockett (hip), S Isaiah Pola-Mao (shoulder), OL Viane Talamaivao (pectoral), DL Marlon Tuipulotu (back), WR Keyshawn “Pie” Young (hamstring/redshirt)
- Out: OLB Hunter Echols (redshirt), WR Randal Grimes (hand), OLB Porter Gustin (toe), OT Nathan Smith (knee), RB James Toland (shoulder)
- Probable: OL Chris Brown (back), P Reid Budrovich (shoulder), QB Matt Fink (knee), DL Rasheem Green (shoulder), WR Velus Jones Jr. (ankle), K Chase McGrath (groin), TE Tyler Petite (shoulder), DL Christian Rector (hand)