Following last night's devastating 41-31 loss at home to Stanford, USC fans are now left hoping Stanford's loss to Northwestern in Week 1 was an exception to the norm. USC, who entered the week ranked 6th in the AP poll (highest of any Pac 12 team), fell all the way to 19th in the nation. There are a few bright spots though. For starters, Stanford now finds themselves ranked 21st, meaning yesterday is now a ranked loss (hooray?). Northwestern moved up five spots to 17 making Stanford's loss look better.
The Trojans are the third highest ranked 1-loss team in this young season, and there is still plenty of football left. They are in great position to make the College Football Playoff as long as they continue to win and Stanford/Northwestern remain quality teams.
Others Items of Note:
- Michigan State stole 1 more first place vote from Ohio State while moving to 2nd in the country.
- Ole Miss is the weeks biggest riser after a huge win at Alabama, 43-37.
- SEC leads the nation in Top 10 teams with 3 in both polls
- Pac-12 is the only conference without a Top 10 team in the Coaches Poll. UCLA is the highest ranked at 11.
- The Coaches Poll keeps Auburn ranked 25th despite looking dreadful for two straight weeks
|1||Ohio State (42)||Ohio State (61)||Ohio State|
|2||Michigan State (7)||TCU||Alabama|
|3||TCU (tie)||Michigan State (3)||Georgia|
|4||Ole Miss (tie) (11)||Baylor||Ole Miss|
|5||Baylor||Ole Miss||Michigan State|
|8||LSU||Notre Dame||Florida State|
|15||Oklahoma||Texas A&M||Texas A&M|
|20||Georgia Tech||Georgia Tech||Utah|