The USC Trojans return to the friendly confines of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum searching for a major bounce-back win against an all-too-familiar Pac-12 foe, the Oregon State Beavers. Last season, USC regained a confident swagger by picking apart those Beavers up in Corvallis, breaking a long-standing streak of losing up north.
Mike Riley, a leading coaching candidate in multiple USC searches, returns to Southern California as an undefeated head coach looking to start 1-0 in Pac-12 play. The Trojans, meanwhile, have not started 2-0 in Pac-12 play since 2007 and the squad hopes a home meeting with the Beavers can inspire a breakout performance.
Time/TV: Saturday, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
Betting Line: USC by 9 Radio: KSPN/710, KSPA/1510
Records: USC 2-1 (1-0 Pac-12); Oregon State 3-0 (0-0)
Series: USC leads, 60-11-4
Last meeting: USC won, 31-14, on Nov. 1, 2013, in Corvallis, Ore.
Our Radio Preview: USC Football AUDIO
Time to get back to work. Our USC vs. Oregon St. preview graphic: http://t.co/KUxvvBvYeg #FightOn pic.twitter.com/ajgrfZPfr4— USC Trojans (@USC_Athletics) September 26, 2014
Finally back home in the Coliseum! Who's ready to #BeatTheBeavers?— The Spirit of Troy (@USCTMB) September 27, 2014
- This will be the 76th meeting between USC and Oregon State, but only the second time the game has been played on Sept. 27.
- USC has a 172-44-8 (.786) all-time record while playing in the month of September.
- USC owns a 152-47-4 (.759) record at night, including 89-25-4 in the Coliseum, 50-16 on the road and 13-4 at neutral sites.
- Neon Tommy did an excellent Q/A preview with the Oregonian.
- Arash Markazi argues how much USC has learned on defense.