The USC Trojans are back in Boston, facing an improved Boston College squad carving out hope for a possible upset over their top-10 ranked opponent.
Last time they were ranked this high, USC lost to Arizona in 2012. Hoping to avoid a similar fate in a road environment, the Trojans have shifted their focus to replicating last season's success -- this time on the road as the legitimate favorite.
Game time, TV schedule: 5:30 p.m., ABC
Live radio stream: ESPN 710, TuneIn (apps available on Google Play and iTunes)
2013 records: USC 10-4; Boston College 7-6
Series: USC leads, 4-0
Line: USC by 17.5
Last meeting: USC won, 35-7, at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
- The first time that ESPN ever aired a live USC game was the 1988 contest at Boston College (a 34-7 Trojan victory). The ESPN announcers that day: Mike Patrick, Kevin Kiley and Chris Fowler.
- Rain is in the forecast at Alumni Stadium, keep in mind that USC has a 21-32-2 record in games in which it rained during a major portion of the contest. USC's last rain game was at UCLA in 2012.
- USC has a 24-11 (.686) record against current Atlantic Coast Conference teams, including an unblemished 4-0 mark against the Boston College Eagles.
- SERIES HISTORY--1987 W 23-17 H...1988 W 34-7...2009 W 24-13 (Emerald Bowl, Pete Carroll's last game as USC football head coach)...2013 W 35-7 H
- Only two USC lettermen were Massachusetts natives: C Dave Morgan (1959-61) from Natick HS and All-American LB Lofa Tatupu (2003-04) from Plainville.
- Also worth noting that USC has a 172-43-8 (.789) all-time record while playing in the month of September.
Enjoying this clam chowder and lobster roll looking over the Charles river in beautiful Boston, Massachusetts. Loving life— Su'a Cravens (@ovo_suu) September 12, 2014
USC is making final preparations for Boston College. Game No. 3 preview graphic in full size: http://t.co/4nsMkzwrfz pic.twitter.com/u80ozXTPuZ— USC Trojans (@USC_Athletics) September 12, 2014
It's a great feeling to go to war with such a close group #FightOn— Deacon Moss (@NelsonAgh15) September 13, 2014