The Trojans took the practice field for another hot session rotating an assortment of bodies on both sides of the ball. The most notable position group was defensive line where Claude Pelon, Antwaun Woods, Delvon Simmons, and All-American Pac-12 POW Leonard Williams were the main taking points of interest heading into the Boston College game.
- After missing Tuesday's practice, All-American Leonard Williams, who amassed a team-high 11 tackles last week, returned to the practice field. He underwent a little bit of treatment on his left ankle, but participated in most of the team drills.
- Williams said he's focused on being the best player in the conference each and every week, not necessarily the individual accolades of Heisman or All-Pac-12 honors.
- Leonard Williams was impressed with his ability to "Fight On" and endure shoulder and ankle injuries to play the entire game. He believed the motivation of his teammates helped power him through a tough game against Stanford.
- Delvon Simmons, who was officially credited with blocking a Stanford field goal, said he takes pride in sprinting on the field between every drill of practice.
"We all take pride in it (hustling from drill to drill), if we see somebody walking we say 'come on lets go.' It's a tradition here man," Simmons said, describing the Trojans' mentality on the practice field.
- That increased effort was mentioned by head coach Steve Sarkisian, who appreciated the increased effort from both Simmons and Claude Pelon on a week-to-week basis.
- Freshman tight end Bryce Dixon made a nice catch on a straight go route down the field, delivered beautifully by starting quarterback Cody Kessler.
- "I am excited for Saturday, I want to see what is in store," said sophomore Michael Hutchings. "I study Hayes (Pullard) constantly. I like the way I played last week, but I feel like I can improve."
- Coach Sarkisian said the team will continue to focus on the Boston College game, mentioning that he's been impressed with the focus level of his team during individual meetings and also practice.
- Sarkisian also mentioned the Trojans will take it easy with guys like Tre Madden (turf toe), Greg Townsend Jr. (chicken pox) and Lamar Dawson with the bye week to follow shortly after.
- Linebacker Anthony Sarao, a New Jersey native, said this is close to a homecoming game as he is going to get this season. He said 15-20 friends and family members are planning on making the trip from Jersey to Boston this weekend.
- Some areas Sark would like to see improve would be pass rush, kick return and the punting unit; especially with the increased opportunities he expects this weekend.
"He just wants to learn. He's like a little teacup just waiting to be filled up with a lot of tea." -@FightOn10 on LB Michael Hutchings— Sarah Bergstrom (@sarahbergstromm) September 10, 2014