USC basketball season is still a ways away, but the Trojans did release their schedule last week (it isn't much to get excited about) and some former and current players had some notable news.
- The USC men's basketball 2013-2014 non-conference schedule features only one notable home game (December 7 against Utah State), and the conference schedule isn't set quite yet, but here's the full 2013-2014 schedule.
- Nikola Jovanovic scored seven points to help the Pac-12 All-Stars complete a successful three-game sweep during their Global Initiative tour in China:
Nikola Jovanovic scored 7 & the Pac-12 All-Stars beat the Shanghai Sharks 71-68 to go 3-0 on China trip. Nik's 33 points led team on trip.— USC Men's Basketball (@USC_Hoops) August 16, 2014
- The always colorful Katin Reinhardt is back on Twitter with the username @SniperKR1:
Back on my twitter ish— Katin Reinhardt (@SniperKR1) August 19, 2014
- Eric Wise, the Trojans' leading scorer during the 2012-2013 season, has signed to play with Spirou Charleroi in the BLB basketball league in Belgium on a trial through September.
USC's 2012-13 scoring leader Eric Wise signed to play for Charleroi in the first Belgian basketball division this season. Enjoy the waffles!— USC Men's Basketball (@USC_Hoops) August 19, 2014
- Wise also assisted with the Jamaal Franklin Skills Academy providing children ages 8-16 years old a free basketball camp in Adalento, Calif. earlier this month.
Renaldo 'Swiperboy' Woolridge, who played at Tennessee before transferring to USC for his graduate studies, says he is planning to release a new Tennessee football anthem before the Vols take the field against Utah State on August 31. Woolridge raps under the name "Swiperboy" and has previously recorded songs used by both Tennessee and USC.
Tennessee, new football anthem will drop before the home opener.Get the tailgate playlists ready. #VFL #118— Renaldo SB Woolridge (@Swiperboy) August 18, 2014
- Earlier this month, Orlando Magic center Dewayne Dedmon and some Orlando youth got a sneak peek of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles before it came out. Dedmon said he grew up watching the ninja turtles and sported a blue Leonardo mask for the early screening. More intriguing than Dedmon's favorite turtle is this nugget from the NBA.com article:
Dedmon said he’s added eight pounds of muscle so far this offseason in an attempt to become more of a physical presence on the low block.
- Pacific Takes takes a look at how Andy Enfield's latest recruit, Bennie Boatwright, will fit in for the Trojans.
- J.T. Terrell talked about the Drew League competitiveness in an ESPN article talking about the disappearance of playground basketball.
If you have any tips about former or current USC basketball players, feel free to email me at email@example.com.