The USC Trojans are once again in the friendly confines of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. After defeating Oregon State, 35-10, last week, USC will try to keep the momentum going against Arizona State. It is also an opportunity for revenge for the Trojans after getting demolished, 62-41, in the desert against the Sun Devils last year.
The Arizona State Sun Devils are trying to get back on track after a thorough beatdown in the desert themselves, losing 62-27 last Thursday night. With UCLA having beaten ASU, this game is a huge Pac-12 South matchup for both teams. USC is trying to stay unbeaten and the Sun Devils have to keep from falling two games back.
Time/TV: Saturday, 4:30 p.m., FOX (Gus Johnson, Charles Davis, Molly McGrath)
Where: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
Betting Line: USC by 12.5
Radio: ESPN Radio (Bill Rosinski, David Norrie, Joe Schad); KSPN/710 starting at 12:30 (Pete Arbogast, John Jackson, Jordan Moore, Steve Mason, Harvey Hyde, Shaun Cody, Kelli Tennant)
Records: USC 3-1 (2-0 Pac-12); Arizona State 3-1 (1-1)
Series: USC leads, 18-11
Last meeting: Arizona State won, 62-41, on Sept. 28, 2013, in Tempe, Ariz.
The day before USC vs. ASU... Here's our preview graphic: http://t.co/yVDIPksBB7 #FightOn #BeatTheSunDevils pic.twitter.com/vL4sFGv6lu— USC Trojans (@USC_Athletics) October 3, 2014
- USC is 2-0 in conference play for the first time since 2007.
- It's the only time that USC plays two consecutive home games in 2014.
- QB Cody Kessler, who has not thrown an interception this year while hitting 72.0% of his aerials, is in the national Top 25 in completion percentage, completions, passing efficiency and passing TDs.
- RB Buck Allen, who ranks high nationally in rushing and all-purpose running, has had 100 yards either rushing or receiving in every game this season.
- The Trojan defense is headlined by All-American and current team tackle leader DE Leonard Williams, ILB Hayes Pullard (USC's top tackler in 2011 & 2013) and always-around-the-ball 2013 Freshman All-American S Su'a Cravens, who has 5 career interceptions (including a TD return last week).
- USC is the only school in the country yet to have surrendered a passing touchdown, which should be put to the test this afternoon.
- The Trojans' defense is Top 25 statistically in third down conversion defense, pass efficiency defense, turnover margin, pass defense, interceptions, red zone defense, scoring defense and first down defense.
- USC has yet to suit up more than 57 recruited scholarship players in 2014 because of NCAA-mandated scholarship limitations.
- Arizona State rolled up 626 total yards and 38 first downs on 105 plays in its loss to UCLA.
- The Sun Devils are ninth nationally in total offense (560.8) and 16th in both scoring offense (42.0) and rushing offense (262.8).
- RB D.J. Foster, who has eclipsed 100 rushing yards five times in his last seven games, is in the nation's Top 10 in all-purpose running and rushing.
- WR Jaelen Strong has nine career 100-yard receiving games.
- The Sun Devil defense is led by safeties Demarious Randall, the national leader in solo tackles, and Jordan Simone.