Paragon's busy at work and I am theoretically supervising the kids' bathtime, so here's a lightning round of links for today:
- Stanford offense will cause USC problems (LA Times) - in other news, day is light, and night is dark.
- Standard "USC dissed me in recruiting" story about Toby Gerhart (Mercury News) - they might have missed a trick in getting him for football but he should be thanking his lucky stars he's not playing baseball at SC.
- More on the "look out for Gerhart" theme, including Carroll denying that he told Gerhart that baseball was not an option at SC (OC Register) - man, these soap opera human interest stories are tiresome.
- Nick Perry to start at defensive end, as Wes Horton is filling in for Everson Griffen (LA Daily News) - this should be interesting, Perry has certainly shown the potential.
- OC Register predicts a very tight win for USC - that would be perfectly all right by me.
Off-topic: Chris Dufresne mulls over the possibility of USC going to play the SEC Championship Game loser on New Year's Day at the Sugar Bowl - that would be quite the experience, not least of which would be New Year's Eve in New Orleans... I'm feeling hungover just thinking about it.