Jake from the our fellow SBN Blog Building the Dam was kind enough to answer a few questions for us about tonight's game against the Beavers. Jake will have our answers up later today.
1. 'SC gave the Beavers by far their worse loss of the season, at Corvalis. How do you expect the team to respond?
2. The Beavers are about to hit one of the most difficult conference trips, as the Bruins have been dazzling this season, and 'SC has been much more competitive than expected. What will the team's focus be and why? Is it more important to get the big upset against the Bruins, or the smaller, more manageable one against the Trojans?
Picking one or the other is hard. If we beat UCLA, well, that significantly helps out the Ducks, which, from a Beaver fan's standpoint, isn't necessarily a good thing. But part of any Beaver fan wants the Ducks to make some waves this year, whether they will openly admit it or not. Beating 'SC would erase some memories of the 45 point loss, and again, it would significantly help our team gain confidence in themselves.
3. The Beavers have had fairly inconsistent guard play, with most of their points coming from their forwards down in the paint. How important is it for Josh Tarver to have a good game a be a threat from outside the arc? Can the Beavers win a game without a 3 point threat?
4. Against the Trojans earlier this season, only one player, Tsagarakis from the bench, posted double digit points. Which single player will need to have the biggest impact for the Beavers to be successful?
Defensively, Sasa Cuic needs to have a good game. Sasa will have games where he goes off on offense, but still can't play a lick of defense. We're almost better when he's not in the game, just we don't score as many points. It's almost a matter of if he scores more points than he gives up.
5. OSU is coming in on a 4 game losing streak. You need to get a win and rebound back for a bright looking future. What's the key going to be?
Good luck tonight.