There were a lot of teams that got lucky in coming away with their wins. UGA and ND had late comebacks in their games. USC looked sluggish and needed a late turnover to seal the win. Cal finally showed what many have been touting but that was against Arizona St. There aren't many changes to the poll's top 10 but the bottom tier has a lot of movement. For reference here is last weeks poll.
Here is this week's BlogPoll Ballot.
This weeks ballot explained.
1. Ohio State: A defensive struggle for most of the game, but the defense comes through for the Buckeyes with 2 late interceptions for TD's. Troy Smith looked good and continues his productive year for his quest for the Heisman.
2. USC: The Defense was the star of the game Booty did not look as sharp as he had in his first two games. An injury to freshman Stanley Havili leaves still more questions at FB position. Jarrett breaks the Pac 10 record for TD's but then sprains his shoulder. It will be interesting to see how Pete Carroll continues to move the pieces around the board. .
3. Auburn: They make easy work of Buffalo. The running game did great without Kenny Irons. They are starting to get into the tougher part of the schedule. Next up South Carolina..
4. Michigan: It was a bit of a slow start this week but they picked it up in the second half. Manningham has another productive game, while Chad Henne had an average performance with 2 TD's and 3 INT.
5. Florida: After their big win last week against Tennessee the Gators showed very little signs of slowing down. Leak continues to be productive and he is still in the Heisman chase.
6. West Virginia: Steve Slaton had an average day. ECU put up a bit of a fight but they were no match for the Mountaineers.
7. Texas: Colt McCoy had a good day against the Cyclones as the Texas offense just hummed along. Iowa St. just didn't seem to have any answers to counter the Texas O line as they moved the ball with ease.
8. Louisville: Without Brohm Louisville looked almost mortal after their convincing win against Miami last week. They weren't a productive as they were last week but they continue roll along.
9. Iowa: This was an easy win for Iowa racking up over 300 yards. Next up is Ohio State and that is sure to be a great game.
10. Notre Dame: What a comeback! While being 17 down Brady Quinn showed that he is far from removed from the Heisman race. They need to hide the knives in East Lansing.
11. LSU: The Tiger hardly broke a sweat in manhandling Tulane. That's just the thing they need to put the tough loss to Auburn behind them.
12. Georgia: Talk about dodging a bullet! The Bulldogs never seemed to be in it until the Colorado secondary finally succumbed after UGA brought in freshman QB Joe Cox as sealed the win with 46 seconds left.
13. Virginia Tech: Cincinnati held them close until the forth qtr. This wasn't a great showing for the Hokies as the passing game looked anemic
14. Cal: Nate Longshore looked great as they took it to the Sun Devils. This was the team that we were supposed to see against Tennessee. They still have the best chance to beat USC for the Pac 10 title. Marshawn Lynch had a serviceable day rushing for 124 yards. The Defense put pressure on carpenter for most of the game.
15. Oregon: Bye week this week. Up next at Arizona State.
16. Clemson; They rout North Carolina with 7 rushing TD's so everyone got into the act. The Clemson defense made it next to impossible for NC to move the ball by holding the Tar Heels to only one 3rd down conversion.
17. Tennessee: Tennessee gets back on track after their tough loss to Florida and they take it out on Marshall. The Vols rolled up 436 total yards in a rainy Neyland stadium
18. Oklahoma: Back on track after the robbery in Oregon in a rout of Middle Tennessee State. Adrian Peterson continues to show why he in the Heisman race with 27 carries for 128 yards and 3 TD's. Does anyone remember Rhett Bomar? Paul Thompson had a great game with 257 passing yards and 3TD's.
19. Nebraska: With the USC game behind them, the Blackshirts took out their frustrations on Troy. Marlon Lucky and Kenny Wilson ran rampant on the Troy defense and QB Zac Thomas passed for 268 yards. They should be the champions in the North.
20. TCU: Bye Week this week. Up next BYU.
21. Florida State: Rice seems to be everybody's punching bag. The `Noles get back to winning after the loss to Clemson
22. Boise State:The Broncos win in this mostly offensive game. Jared Zabransky went 17-29 for 273 yards and 3 TD's. Both offenses put up a ton of yards in this one.
23. Rutgers: The Scarlet Knights continue to impress with their rout of Howard. This is Rutgers' best start since 1980. RB's Brian Leonard and Ray Rice had 5 TD's between them and Kordell Young also had 2 TD's
24. UCLA: A brutal loss to U-Dub leaves the Bruins continuing to question their head coach. Ben Olson looked lost out there as he had a less than stellar day.
25. Alabama: They're in deep need of a kicker. Enough said.