Here is this weeks Maxwell Pundit Ballot. As always a big thanks to Rakes of Mallow for compiling all the votes.
1. Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia: Another great week for Slaton who carved up Maryland like he was a man on a mission. Oh, that's right he was on a mission to show how bone headed Maryland was for pulling their scholarship offer after Slaton committed. Slaton had 21 carries for 195 yards and 2 TD's. Do you think Maryland got the message?
Slaton Lit Maryland Up!
Photo Courtesy of the NY Times
2. Chris Leak, QB, Florida: Could it be that Chris Leak is starting to fit into the Urbanator's offense. Could be, Leak went 15 for 26 199 yards and 3 TD's in what was one the days best games. There have been a lot of questions on weather Leak would ever pick up Meyers offense. I think we are starting to see him finally settle in. More important he didn't lose the game with a stupid mistake.
Finally getting comfortable.
Photo Courtesy of the Washington Post
3. Drew Tate, QB, Iowa: With Iowa down Tate picked this team up and led them back. He went 26 for 38 for 274 yards and 3 TD's. He had an int. late but the defense held. After being out last week due to an injury he stepped up and picked where he left off.
4. Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan: Every time I turned around it seemed like he was making a big play. He finished with 4 catches for 137 yards and 3 TD's. His 1st qtr. catch really set the tone that once again exposed the Notre Dame secondary. After injuring his wrist after one TD catch he took the splint off later in the game and got back on the field.
5. John David Booty, QB, USC: OK it's a homer pick. Booty went 25 for 36, for 257 yards and 3 TD's. With the USC offense sluggish in the first half Booty opened it up by spreading it around. He looks very comfortable in the pocket and kept his cool under pressure. He looks like he is really starting to take control of this team.