There are still plenty of writers that think SC will be a top contender this year. After last years wire-to-wire run that fell just short and all the ESPN attention it's nice to see some deep breaths taken and a fresh look taking place on the program this year.
- Stewart Mandel thinks SC is still a Title contender. His article here is pretty positive. I know this is a lot like 2003 but we are replacing a little bit more than just a Heisman Trophy winning QB.
- Trojans Football News has the story and the link to an article in ScrippsNews detailing how USC will look this year. It's a balanced article.
- With David Ausberry cleared by the NCAA over the weekend only two players have yet to be cleared. WR Vidal Hazelton and RB Jamere Holland. Holland is out for the year with a shoulder injury. There is also still no word on the eligibility status of WR Dwayne Jarrett.
- The LA Times' Gary Klein has a good article that discusses among other things, the freshman trio of running backs that are expected to replace Reggie bush. If Chauncey Washington's hamstring continues to act up they will get a lot of playing time.
- Last night I put up the Conquest Chronicles preliminary Top 25 for this years pre-season BlogPoll. Give it a read and tell me what you think.