- Santa Ana, CA (Mater Dei)
- Ht: 5-11 | Wt: 170 | 40: 4.55
Mater Dei HS standout defensive back Jonathan Lockett has signed, sealed and delivered his National Letter of Intent to the University of Southern California. Lockett gets to play for USC football, his "dream school," after never truly wavering on his conviction following his first commitment to the Trojans back in early November.
Lockett battled back and forth all season long with UCLA commit Jaleed Wadood of St. John Bosco, and these two will continue to fight it out on the field for years to come. After dominating the landscape as CIF Pac-5 Co-Player of the Year, Lockett rose up to a more fitting four-star ranking by 247sports.com.
As a receiver, Jonathan Lockett caught 31 passes for 557 yards and four touchdowns in 2013, while on defense he logged 34 tackles and grabbed three interceptions. He finished his high school career with 89 tackles, 12 interceptions and two fumble recoveries playing for the USC-centric Mater Dei Monarchs football program.
Lockett is also a electric returner that could find his way onto the field early returning punts and/or kicks.
USC football head coach Steve Sarkisian even went as far as calling Lockett a "Lockdown corner." He'll try to become a shutdown cornerback for USC. He should provide instant depth to a position that features Kevon Seymour, Josh Shaw and two of the newest commits in Lamont Simmons and John Plattenburg Jr..
For more information on high school recruits potentially choosing USC, follow our National Signing Day coverage.
- Damien Mama Chooses USC Over Alabama, BYU
- Bryce Dixon signs with USC, files official National Letter of Intent
- USC Lands 3-Star OLB Uchenna Nwosu
- Texas Cornerback John Plattenburg Jr. Headed Back to Southern California
- Trojan Target Charles Nelson Signs With Oregon
- Florida Corner Lamont Simmons Selects USC
- USC 2014 National Signing Day Open Thread