LOS ANGELES, CA - NOVEMBER 26: Quarterback Kevin Prince #4 of the UCLA Bruins is pursued by Nickell Robey #21 of the USC Trojans in the first half at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on November 26, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. USC defeated UCLA 50-0. (Photo by Jeff Gross/Getty Images)
Lots of USC love on ESPN's College Football Live today (video linked in the post below).
SBNation's BlogPoll has USC #1 in their very early Pre-Season poll (I did not participate because I thought it way too early to get a solid snapshot of the 2012 Squad)
But more importantly, CBSSports Bruce Feldman gives the reasons as to why USC is back on everyone's radar...
From @Brentboyles why is everybody on the band wagon with USC for next year?
I can give you seven very good reasons:
1. They are led by arguably the best QB in college football who has a ton of experience, Matt Barkley.
2. They have the best 1-2 WR tandem in the country, Robert Woods and Marqise Lee.
3. They return their entire back-seven on D that includes their top tacklers who were freshmen in 2011 (Dion Bailey and Hayes Pullard) and perhaps the top two DBs in the Pac-12 in safety T.J. McDonald and CB Nickell Robey.
4. They bring back four starting O-linemen and now actually have some quality depth behind those guys.
5. They return a 1000-yard rusher, Curtis McNeal.
6. They get the two most talented teams on their schedule, Oregon and Notre Dame, in the Coliseum.
7. No team will be hungrier.
I still think it is a bit too early to be planning victory parades, but Bruce offers up some solid reasons as to why USC will be the front runner in 2012.
Gonna be a fun off season!