The Kiffin era officially began yesterday and about 300 guests got a taste of Kiffin and his staff. Twenty players were on the injured list including: TE Rhett Ellison, DB Patrick Hall, OT Butch Lewis, DL Malcom Smith, and more. Including in the many observers that were at USC's first practice was the media, so you can bet that all major news media would be on top of the first practice. Here are some links that will get you caught up:
- Michael Lev was quite the busy man yesterday as he wrote a recap and shared his observations.
- The LA Times finally writes a story on the Trojans as Gary Klein writes his own recap of the first day of spring... practice, even includes a video. Does anybody else think the LA Times suck?
- Ben Malcolmson posts a few pictures from yesterday's practice and shares his thoughts on the first day. Read as much as you can from him because he's leaving soon :(
- Scott Wolf complains that USC shouldn't be called "Southern Cal".
- Mike Richardson of USCFootball.com posted up 124 pictures of the first day of spring practice. Go check 'em out!
- Kevin Carden of SCPlaybook.com talked with Kiffin about what he thought of the first day.