In the absence of any interesting news, here are links galore.
- As noted on TrojanNYC, the OC Register has an article about how OJ Mayo is spending his summer:Ovinton J'Anthony Mayo, a 19-year-old basketball player of such prowess that every college in the nation coveted him for years, a prodigy that would-be profiteers and hangers-on have surrounded since seventh grade, quietly enrolled in two classes this summer at USC: freshman Geography and "Race, Class and Gender in American Film."
Mayo, who goes by O.J., also has also taken charge of a ballyhooed group of recruits -- without prompting from USC coaches -- by organizing workouts and putting together nightly pickup games at Galen Center.
[ snip ]
What few people know about Mayo is that he scored a 29 on his ACT, a number that placed him in the 95th percentile. The NCAA was among the doubters. It asked Mayo for a handwriting sample. He supplied it, and the NCAA supplied him with an apology.
- It's safe to say that they're excited about the current state of Notre Dame recruiting over at Blue Gray Sky. I have mixed feelings about that, to say the least.
- Southern Papa casts his gaze upon one of the more unusual LSU football chotchkes, no word on whether it will be taking over from Les Miles for radio appearances.
- Rocky Top Talk is starting to wonder if there's something to worry about with the coming season - and whether a bad enough season might not be a bad thing for triggering a coaching change.
- I think it's safe to say that SBN's Raiders blog is pretty excited about the Mike Williams - Lane Kiffin combo.
- Music City Miracles notes that LenDale White is starting to admit that he needs to run off some weight - heading for the end zone is always a good way to do that, I suppose, so hopefully he'll be able to make more of an impact with the Titans this season.
- Student Body Right does a nice job of debunking Les Miles and his well considered remarks about the Pac 10, while CFR has found LSU's answer to Dump Dorrell.com - it's still in the prototype stage, apparently.
Update [2007-7-6 15:43:57 by DC Trojan]:
- Brian at MgoBlog provides perhaps the definitive take-down on Les Miles
- Todd at Roll Bama Roll has coined a new phrase:
From now on, whenever a team gets whipped in a bowl that they either a) didn't deserve to be in in the first place, or b) got whipped after whining about how they should be playing in a better bowl, we'll refer to it as "getting Irished."He thoughtfully provides several examples, such as the following: